Sunday, October 4, 2009

Carmike Cinema and a Funny Flash Video

Before you read this, if you are interested in what Liberty university is all about, watch this video (LU students and alumni will get a kick out of this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffJK9GhZ40


Hello everyone, here's another update.

I started my job at a local theater this past Friday. Today was my second day, but the manager said I'm doing really well, and it doesn't seem too complicated or stressful. So far I'm not working a lot of days, but I get 7 hour shifts, which I think I like better than working 2 or 4 hour shifts almost every day. That way I'm still working, but I still have time to focus on my school work.

Went to Nelson Co. to pick apples and pumpkins with my hall and our brother and sister dorms. I had the most amazing Fuji apple and apple cider ever. No lie, the apple was bigger than my fist. The orchard was on the side of the mountain, so it was really nice up there, and the weather was perfect. Not too hot or cold or sunny or cloudy, just perfect. Got back in time for the second half of the Liberty vs. West Virginia Wesleyan game, which we won 45-7. After that, there was a Leeland and Brandon Heath concert with Francesca Battistelli as a guest performer. I volunteered for Food for the Hungry which is a child sponsorship program that I support and helped 50 kids get sponsored. for more information on Food for the Hungry, you can visit their website at http://www.fh.org/ . I sound like a commercial now...Haha. Well I really love what they do, so I can't help it. It's not just another one of those programs. They don't just give the kids and their families stuff. They provide the means for the entire village to support itself.

Classes are going decently well. Mid-terms are coming up, so that's exciting...

Seriously, I'm excited about the prospect of doing a psychology lab though. I think I may let them hook their machines up to me just because I think that would be really interesting.

Alright, might possibly see you guys soon for fall break if I'm off at all this weekend!

Love you all!

~RLF

P.S. I haven't gotten any care packages in a while..... ;-D

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are really falling into place. Very happy for you and proud of you! See ya soon! Love you. :-D

    ReplyDelete